March 26, 2012
2012-13 Cheerleading Team tryout dates set for Apr. 27-28
- April 27 (6:00-9:00 pm)
- April 28 (9:00-11:00 am) (12:00-2:00 pm)
- John W. Pope Convocation Center Practice Gym (McCall Court)
- Girls – gym shorts, fitted athletic top or sports bra, cheer shoes (combination of orange, black, or white)
- Guys – gym shorts, t-shirt, athletic shoes
General Requirements for Spring Tryouts:
- Flyers - minimum round-off back handspring and standing back handspring, tuck preferred
- Tumblers (males and females) – minimum standing tuck and round off backhandspring tuck, toe touch to tuck
- 1 cheer/band dance taught at tryouts
- SPOTTERS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED
- ALL TUMBLING MUST BE EXECUTED ON THE GYM FLOOR
Stunting Positions (co-ed)
- Flyers – co-ed stunting skills of minimum hands ext, lib, and stretch
- (New) Males – should be able to perform toss hands, chair, and shoulder stand by the end of tryouts
- (Returning) Males – should have minimum of toss hands extension and lib
- YOU MAY TRYOUT AS A FLYER OR A TUMBLER.
- Selection will be based on needed positions.
- Must have been accepted to Campbell University as a full time student pursuing a 4 year bachelor's degree program.
- If you are a graduating senior and you have not been accepted, you must bring a copy of your high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores with you on the first day of tryouts.
- If you are a college transfer and have not been accepted, you must bring a copy of your high school and college transcripts and SAT or ACT test scores with you on the first day of tryouts.
- Bring an athletic physical signed by a doctor (must be less than a year old).
- Bring a signed copy of the Waiver of Liability Forms found on the website. Insurance information must be included.