BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Coming off a pair of league wins at home, Campbell seeks its first Big South Conference road victory of 2016-17 on Saturday in a 2:00 p.m. tip-off at Liberty.
Live audio will be available at GoCamels.com, while free live video is available via the Big South Network. MASN-TV and ESPN3 will also carry the game via the Liberty Flames Sports Network.
Campbell (9-6, 2-1) has won 4 of its last 5 outings and 8 of its last 11 following Wednesday's 92-82 decision over Charleston Southern. The Camels improved to 6-2 at home and won their 4th-straight at Gore Arena. As a team, the Camels are shooting 50 percent from the floor at home.
Chris Clemons set a Campbell Gore Arena record with a career-high 37 points - 21 in the second half - and the Camels matched a school mark for fewest turnovers in a game (3) against the Bucs. Shane Whitfield added 17 points (9-10 free throws), while Mogga Lado and Marcus Burk chipped in 11 apiece. CU made 6 more foul shots (29-38) than the Bucs attempted (17-23).
Now the Camels take a 2-3 road record to Liberty's Vines Center, where the Camels are searching for their first win. Last year, the Flames won 55-52 in Lynchburg.
- Campbell leads all Big South teams in free throw% (.753) and is 2nd in FG% (.470).
- Chris Clemons is the nation's 4th-leading scorer (23.2) - tops in the Big South - and has tallied at least 20 points 11 times this year.
- Shane Whitfield ranks 7th among Big South FT% leaders (.769) while leading the league in free throws made (83) and attempted (108). He is 13th in scoring (12.9).
- Sophomore center Andrew Eudy leads the Big South in blocked shots (1.93) and is shooting 56 percent from the floor.
- In Big South play, senior guard Kyre' Hamer is averaging 13.7 points and is shooting 87.5% from the line while dealing 3.3 assists per game.
- Cory Gensler has scored in double digits in 5 of the last 7 games and is shooting 41% from 3-point range.
- Liberty's Ryan Kemrite leads the Big South Conference and ranks 16th in the country in 3-point FG% (.468).
- The Flames are 5-4 at home this year, 2-4 against Division I opponents. Among Liberty's non-league home losses are 3-point decisions vs. Furman (58-61) and Princeton (64-67) and a 5-point margin against VCU (59-64).
- Liberty's Ritchie McKay (the 2016 Big South Coach of the Year) is in the second year of his second stint as head coach of the Flames. Campbell and Liberty split a two-game series in the 2007-08 season, McKay's initial campaign in Lynchburg.
- Liberty (7-9, 2-1) opened Big South play with 2 road wins over Presbyterian (77-61) and Charleston Southern (81-70) before Wednesday's 70-57 home loss to defending champ UNC Asheville.
- The Flames lead the Big South Conference in scoring defense, allowing just 66 points per game, and in 3-point field goals made per game (9.63). Liberty stands 2nd in turnover margin (+1.81) and is tops in turnovers per game (11.8).
- Liberty was picked 2nd in the Big South pre-season poll, behind Winthrop and just ahead of UNC Asheville.
- Campbell has not won on Liberty's home floor since Jan. 5, 1976 (both schools were NAIA members at the time) when the Camels earned an 85-78 victory at Jefferson Forest High School. Since Liberty moved into the Vines Center in Nov. 1990, 5 of CU's 8 losses have come by 10, or fewer, points.
- Following Saturday's game, the Camels continue their two-game road stretch Wednesday with a 7:00 p.m. start at Gardner-Webb.