BUIES CREEK, N.C. -- Campbell's closest geographic rival in the Big South Conference visits Gore Arena Thursday when the Camels host High Point at 7:00 p.m.
High Point (8-10, 2-4) ended a four-game losing streak Saturday with a 77-44 win over Presbyterian. The Panthers allowed the fewest points to a Division I foe since 2004 by holding the Blue Hose to 16 field goals and forcing 22 turnovers.
Both teams have suffered three conference losses by single digits this year. Overall, High Point owns six losses by single figures, most among Big South members.
High Point has won the last four meetings between the schools, but six of the last seven games have been decided by 10, or fewer, points.
HPU is 2-5 on the road this year, 1-1 at Big South members. Campbell is 6-3 at Gore Arena, 2-1 vs. the league at home.
- Campbell leads all Big South teams in free throw% (.744) and is 2nd in scoring (75.8).
- Chris Clemons has scored at least 20 points 13 times this year, most in the Big South. The nation's fourth-leading scorer (23.2 ppg), Clemons is only 27 shy of becoming just the third sophomore in Big South history to reach 1,000 career points.
- Shane Whitfield ranks 9th among Big South FT% leaders (.744) while leading the league in free throws made (99) and attempted (133). He is also 13th in scoring (13.3).
- Sophomore center Andrew Eudy leads the Big South in blocked shots (2.0) and has 10 multiple block games.
- In Big South play, senior guard Kyre' Hamer is averaging 11.8 points and is shooting 85% from the line while dealing 3.2 assists per game.
- High Point red-shirt senior forward Miles Bowman Jr. leads the league in double-figure rebound games (9) and FT% (.882), is second in rebound average (8.6) and 16th in scoring (12.6).
- Home teams stand just 14-16 (.467) through 30 games of BSC competition this year.
- High Point seniors Anthony Lindauer (10.4) and Tarique Thompson (8.6) provide bench scoring for the Panthers. Lindauer is 8th in the Big South in 3-pointers made (2.06) and connects on 42% of his treys. Thompson is shooting 66% from the floor.
- Only Gardner-Webb (427) has attempted more free throws than High Point (408) and Campbell (398) among Big South schools this year. Overall, HPU is shooting 70.1% from the stripe (5th in the league).
- High Point has made 73% of its free throws in conference play, 4th best in the Big South.
- As a team on the road, High Point is shooting 75.9 % (120-158) from the free throw line.
- Since re-joining the Big South in 2011-12, Campbell has split the season series with High Point twice (in '11-12 and '13-14). The teams met only once in the 2015-16 regular season.
- High Point won or shared the Big South regular season title in each of the last four seasons and has two trips to the NIT (2014, 2016) and two to the CIT (2013, 2015) in the span. After losing Big South player of the year John Brown to graduation, the Panthers were picked fifth in the 2016-17 pre-season poll.
- In Big South play, High Point owns a plus-5 rebounding margin and has out-rebounded its last four opponents.
- Following Thursday's game, the Camels travel Saturday to UNC Asheville for a 4:30 p.m. start that will air on ESPN3.