BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Campbell will host Ohio Valley Conference runner-up UT Martin Monday at 7:00 p.m. in the second round of the CollegeInsider.com post-season tournament.
With Chris Clemons (39) and Marcus Burk (career-high 27) combining for a school-record 66 points, the Camels (18-17) knocked off Houston Baptist 98-79 Tuesday in the CIT opening round. Campbell started the game on a 22-4 run and never trailed while making 13-of-26 threes to defeat the Southland Conference regular season runner-up. Andrew Eudy blocked a career-high six shots.
UT Martin (22-12) defeated the top-seed in the CIT, Big South regular season co-champ UNC Asheville, 89-75 last Thursday. The Skyhawks shot 67 percent in the first half, 59 percent for the game, and knocked down 13-of-22 threes (.591) to defeat the Bulldogs.
First-team all-OVC member Jacolby Mobley scored 29 points, including 4-of-11 beyond the arc, for UT Martin which never trailed an led 48-29 at halftime.
- Campbell guard Chris Clemons was named to the Big South all-conference 1st team and to the Big South all-academic team. The nation's 3rd-leading scorer (25.0 ppg) has scored at least 20 points 26 times in 34 games this year, most in the Big South. He has moved into 14th place on CU's all-time scoring list (1405, 7th in the Division I era (since '77-78) and has broken the school season scoring mark (849) previously set by 1987 Big South player of the year Clarence Grier (739).
- Andrew Eudy averaged 9.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.3 blocks and shot 64% from the field in 4 Big South tournament games. He scored a career-high 14 points vs. Radford in the semifinal round. He leads the Big South Conference with 1.8 blocks per game.
- The Camels lead the Big South (and rank 35th in the nation) in free throw percentage (.753) and are on pace to break the school record (.722).
- UT Martin ranks 22nd in the country in offensive rebounds (13.0). Javier Martinez stands 3rd in the nation in field goal percentage (.671) and tops the OVC with 13 double-doubles.
- UT Martin won the Ohio Valley Conference West Division title with a 10-6 league record.
- Despite missing starting forward Kedar Edwards (suspended due to violation of team rules) and Javier Martinez (illness), the Skyhawks hit 9-of-14 threes in the opening half, 13-of-22 for the game, to defeat UNC Asheville 89-75 in the opening round.
- UT Martin is 7-9 in road games this year. Campbell stands 10-7 at home and has won 4 of its last 5 at Gore Arena.
- Big South Conference schools own an 11-8 record all-time in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. Former members VMI (2014) and Coastal Carolina (2016) advanced to the CIT semifinals.
- UT Martin has matched its single-season record for wins in a year (22), set in 2008-09. UTM is also the only OVC member to record at least one post-season win each of the last three years.
- The Skyhawks are 6-3 all-time vs. current Big South Conference members and have won their last six against BSC teams.
- Former Campbell forward Nehemiah Mabson is in his first year at UT Martin after spending the 2015-16 season at New Mexico Military Institute. Mabson has not appeared in a game this year for UTM and is expected to red-shirt.
- Of the 29 first-year head coaches in Division I this year, UTM's Anthony Stewart has the 3rd-highest wins total (22) behind New Mexico State's Paul Weir (28) and Valparaiso's Matt Lottich (24).
- The winner of Monday's game will advance to the CIT quarterfinals, which will be held Mar. 24-26.