Softball Adds Pitcher Eisenga for 2013-14 Season
BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Campbell Head Coach Drew Peterson announced on Wednesday that East Carolina-transfer Morgan Eisenga (Escalon, Calif.) will be joining the softball team for the 2013-14 campaign. The incoming-sophomore right-handed pitcher will add depth in the circle for the Camels.
"We are excited to have an opportunity to pick up such a high- quality student- athlete," said 2013 Big South Coach of the Year Peterson. "Morgan has proven to be an outstanding student and positive member of the campus community. We are also confident that her extensive pitching background in high-level California travel ball with the [California] Grappettes and [Concord] Sorcerers will prove to be a great addition to our already talented pitching staff."
The Escalon, N.C., native was a member of the East Carolina pitching staff during the 2013 campaign, but saw limited action in the circle, tossing three innings and fanning three batters. She will join a pitching staff that includes freshman Courtney Roberts (Simpsonville, S.C.), sophomore Julia Callicutt (Asheboro, N.C.) and junior Olivia Scarborough (Buies Creek, N.C.).
Eisenga competed on the Escalon High School varsity squad during her freshman campaign, playing for head coach Dianne Teixeria. She was selected to the All-Trans-Valley (TVL) team following a .478 performance at the plate, while registering a 3-1 mark in the circle with three no-hitters and 24 strikeouts in 28 innings of work.
Following the stellar freshman campaign, she began focusing on playing for the California Grapettes and Concord Sorcerers travel programs. Eisenga was tabbed to the 2009 All-Tournament Pitcher at the Canada Cup Nationals.
While at EHS, she competed two seasons on the volleyball squad as an outside hitter and track and field team in the 100, 200 and 4x100 meter events. The student-athlete earned the Escalon Academic Award in each sport that she competed in.
The active member of the Escalon, Calif., community, Eisenga, participated in outreach programs through her church. She served as a leader for the Soroptimist Softball Camp.
Eisenga joins November-signees Jessica Anderson (Clearwater, Fla.), Katie Baker (Hickory, N.C.), Bailey Bjorson (Charlotte, N.C.), Lauren Miller (Zebulon, N.C.) and Milly Martinet (Loma Linda, Calif.), who will begin their Campbell careers in August.
Morgan Eisenga –So. – P – R/R – Escalon, Calif. / Escalon
East Carolina (Freshman – 2013)
- Served as a part of the East Carolina pitching staff during freshman season
- Tossed 3.0 innings and notched three strikeouts in limited action for the Pirates
Escalon High School (2009-12)
- One-year letterwinner for head coach Dianne Teixeria at Escalon High School
- Appeared in primarily in left field and aided the Cougars to a 27-4 overall record, the TVL Championship, the Sac-Joaquin Section Division V title and a No. 2 ranking at the state's Division V level
- 2009 All-Trans-Valley League (TVL) team after hitting .478
- Compiled a 3-1 record for the Cougars with a trio of no-hitters, while posting a 0.12 ERA with 24 strikeouts in 28 innings worked
- In the last three campaigns at EHS, focused her attention on the California Grapettes and Concord Sorcerers travel programs
- 2009 All-Tournament Pitcher at the Canada Cup Nationals during the summer
- Earned letters in volleyball (outside hitter – 2009-10) and track & field (100 and 200-meter races, 4x100-meter relay – 2009-10) programs
- Received the Escalon Student-Athlete Academic Award for softball, volleyball and track & field
- Participated in the annual Escalon Academic Decathlon
- Took an active role in community projects as part of outreach programs through her church and served as a leader for the Soroptimist Softball Camp