BUIES CREEK, N.C. – After a midweek loss at Elon, Campbell softball travels to Conway, S.C. for a five-game weekend beginning Friday, Feb. 24 at the Coastal Carolina Chanticleer Showdown.
Campbell opens the weekend, Feb. 24, with a 10 a.m. game against Cleveland State. CU will take on Morehead State at 12:30 p.m. in its second game of the day.
On Feb. 25, Campbell begins play at 4:30 p.m. against Morehead State, followed by a 7 p.m. matchup against Penn State.
The Camels close their weekend, Feb. 26 at 2:30 p.m. against Coastal Carolina.
Campbell Fighting Camels (6-5)
· Most recently, CU fell at Elon 11-3 in six innings Feb. 11.
· Campbell has a 3-2 record in both of its tournaments to open the 2017 season.
· Madison Herring continues to be perfect on the base paths with 12 stolen bases on the season.
· McCollum currently has a six-game hitting streak, and has at least one hit in 10 of CU's 11 games this season.
· McCollum is tied for seventh in the nation in home runs and Herring sits 10th in stolen bases. As a team Campbell sits second in the nation in double plays per game (1.00) and 11th in fielding percentage (0.985).
· Against former Big South rival Coastal Carolina, Campbell has a 14-56 record in the all-time series.
· All-time the Camels hold a 2-3 record against Cleveland State, a 2-1 record against Morehead State, and a 2-2 record against Penn State.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-3)
· CCU went 4-1 last weekend in the Battle at the Beach tournament in Conway, S.C. The lone loss came against UNCG, 2-1.
· Timi Tooley leads the Chanticleers with a .444 batting average and Kailey Mellen has a team-high 11 RBI.
· On the base paths, Taty Forbes leads the team with a perfect 5-of-5 mark.
· Taylor Rahach has made seven appearances in the circle, with a 4-1 record and 1.28 ERA. She has pitched three complete games with two shutouts in 27.1 innings.
Cleveland State Vikings (1-7)
· Cleveland State's lone win of the season was Feb. 12 against Canisius, 5-4, in eight innings.
· CSU played St. Francis (Pa.) twice last weekend, an opponent Campbell faced in the opening weekend. The Vikings fell in both games by a combined score of 15-0. Campbell took 1-of-2 against St. Francis (Pa.), a 7-5 win followed by a losses of 7-4 and 6-3.
· Sofia Johantgen has a team-high .238 batting average, along with two doubles.
· In the circle, Mackenzie Joecken leads with 23 innings pitched in four appearances. She leads the Vikings with a 3.35 ERA.
Morehead State Eagles (4-4)
· Morehead State enters this weekend's games on a two game losing streak. The Eagles lost to Southeastern Louisiana 4-2 and UT Arlington 3-0 to close out their most recent weekend of play.
· Allison Rager has a team-high 13 hits and a .500 batting average. She has also scored nine times on the year.
· Robyn Leighton leads the team with four home runs, 14 RBI, and a 1.190 slugging percentage.
· In the circle, Chelsea McManaway leads the team with 26 innings pitched and a 0.81 ERA. Megan Tymorek has 12 innings under her belt and a 1.75 ERA for the Eagles.
Penn State Nittany Lions (5-4)
· Penn State enters the weekend riding a four-game win streak, as it went 4-0 at the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
· Rebecca Ziegler has a team-high seven RBI along with a .346 batting average.
· Mollie Sorenson and Kristina Brackpool both have a .286 batting average, tied for second-best on the team.
· In the circle, Madison Seifert has five appearances and a 2.53 ERA in 32 innings pitched. Mariaina Laubach has a 2.70 ERA in 23.1 innings pitched over five appearances.
Campbell returns home March 1 versus UNC Greensboro for a single game at 5 p.m. inside Amanda Littlejohn Stadium. Next weekend, Campbell will host the Camel Stampede, its second home tournament of the season, March 3-4.