BUIES CREEK, N.C. – After 11 straight games away from home, the Camels return to Amanda Littlejohn Stadium, Wednesday March 1, against the UNCG Spartans at 5 p.m.
Most recently, Campbell went 3-2 for the third-consecutive weekend at the Chanticleer Invitational in Conway, S.C.
Wednesday's matchup will be the first of three between the two schools in 2017. The two teams will meet March 10 and 11 in Greensboro.
Wednesday's game is softball's "Pink Game" with donations being accepted for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Fans who donate will receive a t-shirt courtesy of Campbell Athletics.
Campbell Fighting Camels (9-7)
- The Camels enter Wednesday's midweek contest having won two of its last three, including a 9-5 win over Penn State in 10 innings.
- Campbell won 3-of-5 at the Chanticleer Invitational last weekend, earning wins against Cleveland State, 10-1 in five innings, a 5-0 win over Morehead State, and the aforementioned win against Penn State.
- Rachel McCollum leads the team with a .429 batting average, 1.029 slugging percentage, and five home runs.
- McCollum currently has a six-game hitting streak and has reached base in 11 consecutive games.
- Madison Herring continues her offensive production for CU with her team-high 14 runs and a perfect stolen base mark (12-for-12).
- Baker picked up a pair of wins on the weekend, including the win over Penn State and a complete game shutout of Morehead State. Baker and Schisler have three wins each on the year.
- All-time, Campbell has a 19-28 record against the Spartans. The two teams faced off most recently in 2009 with the two sides splitting a doubleheader, as Campbell won game one 8-3 and fell in game two 5-3.
UNC Greensboro Spartans (7-6)
- UNCG most recently went 2-2 at its home tournament, the UNCG Invitational.
- The Spartans defeated George Washington, 6-2, and Longwood, 7-2, on day one. UNCG dropped a 10-1 result to GWU and 4-0 result to Longwood on day two.
- Gabrielle Cubbage's .282 batting average and 10 RBI lead the Spartans' offense. Marisa Sholtes leads the team with four home runs and seven walks.
- In the circle, Alicia Bazonski posts a 5-4 overall record, including four complete games. She has a 3.89 ERA and 33 strikeouts during the 2017 campaign.
- UNCG and Campbell have one common opponent on the year, Coastal Carolina. The Spartans split with the Chanticleers Feb. 18-19, taking a 2-1 decision and falling 12-2 in five innings. CU's lone game against Coastal was a 3-2 loss Feb. 26.
Campbell welcomes Appalachian State, Norfolk State, and Rider for the Camel Stampede March 3-4 in Buies Creek.