BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Less than 48 hours after a 4-3 victory over UNCG, Campbell softball is back in action Friday and Saturday, March 3-4, for the Camel Stampede inside Amanda Littlejohn Stadium.
The two-day tournament will feature Appalachian State, Norfolk State, and Rider. Both days will have four contests, beginning at 10 a.m.
Campbell Fighting Camels (10-7)
· Amber Schisler paces Campbell's offense with a team-high 20 hits and 16 RBI.
· Madison Herring continues to impress on the base paths with a perfect 14-for-14 stolen base mark, which is tops in the Big South.
· Amber Schisler's six inning, zero earned run performance on Wednesday lowered her ERA to 2.04 and improved her record to 4-1 overall.
· Katie Baker leads the staff with 19 strikeouts on the year. She also has a 3-3 record on the year.
· The Camels have won three of its last four games entering the weekend.
Appalachian State Mountaineers (7-7)
· Haley Stewart and Heather Josey have combined for 19 RBI on the year to lead App State's offense.
· Sidney Russell and Natalie Orcutt pace the Mountaineers with 13 hits apiece.
· Vanessa Ciocatto paces the pitching staff with a 0.78 ERA in 10 appearances. Kenzie Longanecker has a 5-3 record in a team-high 37.1 innings pitched.
· App State comes to the Creek having won one of its last four, a 10-3 win over UMBC in the final game of the Seahawk Softball Classic in Wilmington, N.C.
· Campbell went 1-2 against the Mountaineers last season. App State won the lone game in Buies Creek, 16-9. The teams split its doubleheader in Boone, as App won game one 9-0 and Campbell won game two 4-3.
Norfolk State Spartans (3-3)
· Devon Bitler paces the Spartans offense in their six games with a .444 batting average along with eight hits.
· Hunter Halford leads Norfolk State in the circle with her 1.03 ERA and 3-0 record in six appearances. All three of her victories were in complete game performances.
· The Spartans enter the weekend after splitting their four games in the Spartan Classic.
· It fell to Hartford 6-5 and 8-2 on the weekend, and defeated Buffalo 4-2 and 4-0.
· The Spartans also split a doubleheader with Marist to open the year.
Rider Broncs (0-5)
· Rider comes to Buies Creek in search of its first win this season.
· The Broncs have scored four runs in its five games, including three in its 5-3 loss to UMKC Feb. 19 in Conway, S.C.
· Rider has two common opponents with Campbell this year, UNCG and Coastal Carolina. It dropped two games to UNCG, 19-1 and 6-0. It also lost to Coastal 11-0.
· Delany DeMello has a team-high five hits and teammate Shelby Miller has two RBI to pace the squad.
· Five different pitchers have seen action for the Broncs. DeMello and Elyse Cuttic have seen at least eight innings of play each.
Campbell will travel to Knoxville, Tenn. to take on No. 15 Tennessee March 6 at 6 p.m. It will continue its Tennessee trip with a doubleheader against Austin Peay (March 7) and a single game at Lipscomb (March 8).